The Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts, a private, not-for-profit grantmaking organization that funds projects to address the opioid crisis at national, state and community levels, has announced the creation of its Scientific Advisory Council. The seven-person panel will advise FORE’s board of directors and staff on trends and developments, grantmaking policy and strategy, and other related topics.
Here are the seven members who will comprise the council:
- Hoover Adger, Jr., MD, MPH, MBA, professor of pediatrics and director of adolescent medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; past president of the Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse
- Keith Humphreys, PhD, Esther Ting memorial professor in the Stanford University Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Erin Krebs, MD, MPH, chief of general internal medicine at Minneapolis VA Health Care System; core investigator at Minneapolis VA Center for Care Delivery and Outcomes Research; professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota
- Cortney Lovell, partner and co-founder of Our Wellness Collective
- Paul N. Samuels, JD, director and president of Legal Action Center
- Jose Szapocznik, PhD, chair emeritus of the department of public health sciences and director of the Center for Family Studies at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Mishka Terplan, MD, MPH, FACOG, DFASAM, senior physician research scientist at Friends Research Institute
Since it was launched in 2018, FORE has awarded 34 grants worth $11.million.