Universal Health Services has announced the opening of Canyon Creek Behavioral Health, a 102-bed program in Temple, Texas.
At launch, the facility will offer treatment services for adults, and after a phased expansion in early 2021, will eventually also serve adolescents ages 12-17 and older adults over the age of 55. Once fully operational, the facility will offer:
- A multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, internal medicine physicians, specialists, certified clinical pharmacists, social workers, psychologists, therapists and clinical support staff
- An integrated assessment and referral center
- Substance use disorder treatment for patients also receiving care for a co-occurring mental health diagnosis
- Intensive day programs and outpatient care
- Electroconvulsive therapy for patients with severe, treatment-resistant depression
- Telehealth services
Canyon Creek will also house academic programs, including graduate medical education programs in psychiatry, psychopharmacology and other clinical training opportunities. The facility is led by CEO Robert Lerma, MS.