This app is the result of a collaborative effort between the US Department of Veterans Affairs’ National Center for PTSD, Stanford School of Medicine, and the US Department of Defense’s National Center for Telehealth & Technology.
- Intended to augment face-to-face care with a healthcare provider, or can be used on its own by those wanting to improve their sleep habits
- Provides a structured program by assisting users in learning about sleep, developing positive sleep routines, improving sleep environments
- Available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (requires iOS 8.4 or later) and for Android phones and tablets.
Do you want to wake up feeling rested and relaxed? If yes, this intelligent alarm clock is right for you.
While people sleep, they go through different phases, ranging from deep sleep to light sleep. The phase you are in when your alarm goes off is critical for how tired you will feel when you wake up. Since you move differently in bed during the different phases, Sleep Cycle uses the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase – the natural way to wake up feeling rested and relaxed.
- Analyzes your sleep and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase
- Nightly detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs
- 15 carefully selected, high quality, alarm melodies
- Sleep notes - see how events such as drinking coffee, eating too much or having a stressful day affect sleep quality
- Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
- Available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
This app is a guided meditation intended to clear your mind and help you enjoy a deep restful sleep.
- Use headphones for best results
- Provides sleep instructions
- Go to bed at the same time each night
- Use once a day for a minimum of three weeks
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
This app helps you relax, reduce stress and sleep better with 100+ different sounds and music ranging from white noise to peaceful music, lullabies, and binaural beats.
- Preset or create your own set of sounds and pictures
- Night timers with fade out feature >
- Wakeup timer plus snooze feature using soundtracks or music from your iPod library
- Ability to play app’s relaxing sounds while you’re using other apps
- Compatible with iPhone (optimized for iPhone 5), iPad, and iPod touch. Requires iOS 7.0 or later
A fun, secure, and beautiful tool to journal your dreams.
- Record your dreams in seconds
- Search your dream journal
- Analyze your dreams over time
- Predefined dream symbols and archetypes
- Add your own tags and descriptions
- Daily reminder/notification to record your dream
- Complete privacy and security of your dream journal
- Compatible with iPhone (optimized for iPhone 5), iPad, and iPod Touch. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Click image for the iOS app.
Click here for the Android app.
- Features thousands of dream meanings
- Dreams are ordered alphabetically
- User-friendly search function
- Keywords in journal are hyperlinked to find an interpretation
- Compatible with iPhone (optimized for iPhone 5), iPad, and iPod Touch. Requires iOS 6.0 or later